Training Program Fund (Designation 1)
The Training Program Fund is used to pay the expenses associated with our training, speaking, mentoring, and outreach dialogue work.
If you look at JFA’s mission statement (train thousands to make abortion unthinkable for millions, one person at a time) and the twin passions that explain it (create lots of conversations with pro-choice advocates and train/equip lots of pro-life advocates to create those conversations), it is easy to see why the JFA trainer and the work of the JFA trainer is really at the heart of everything JFA does. That’s why the Training Program Fund is so important. It is used to pay for most all of the non-salary expenses incurred by our trainers in the course of JFA’s training, mentoring, speaking, and outreach work. Since the members of our training team raise support for the majority of what’s needed for their work (their salary), the fact that this fund is used for travel, telecommunications, internet, computer, and other expenses, greatly reduces the support-raising load on each JFA trainer. This enables them to keep focused on changing hearts and minds of pro-choice advocates, as well as preparing pro-life advocates to do the same.
This fund is JFA’s annual fund or general fund. It pays for the expenses our trainers incur in the course of doing their training, speaking, mentoring, and outreach dialogue work:
- internet access, cell phone
- computer for presentations and communications
- travel costs (gas, flights, food)
- costs associated with transporting our outreach tools (exhibits, vehicle maintenance)
- training materials printing costs
- fundraising costs (newsletters, events, meetings)
- website server and maintenance costs
- the salary of our office manager who process donations, answer phones, assists with event registration, and supports the work of our trainers in many other ways
Gifts to help JFA with its area of “greatest need” generally are placed in this fund.
December 2016-December 2017 GOALS
Note: This section is updated periodically. The last update was made on June 16, 2017. Please fill out our Contact Form to request to be notified of our progress in fundraising.
- $44,400 in new annual support commitments ($3700 in new monthly support commitments) to the Training Program Fund
- $7500 for IT infrastructure updates (database)
- Other goals to be determined as the year progresses. Fill out this form to be updated.
- 2016 Support Commitments: 2 individuals or families made new monthly commitments to this fund in 2016.
- 2015 Support Commitments: 31 individuals or families made a new monthly commitment to this fund in 2015.